Welcome

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme

Thanks, Chessie, for tagging me for a blog meme thing! I've never done one before, but here we go!



The rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they're written--no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers (I tag: Seabrooke, Sari, and anyone who reads this post) :)
5. Let them know


I had no idea what would be on page 77, but turns out it's SUPER-ACTIONY, which is fun. Here we go!

The clang of heavy footsteps on the stairs turned the pain in my head into wild panic. I crawled as fast as I could to a couch and clung to it, forcing myself dizzily to my feet as the killer reached the bottom of the stairs. He was no more than ten feet away, and he no longer had the knife in his hand. 
He had a gun. 
The room spun like I was on a carnival ride. He stood between me and the front door, blocking my only escape. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's like a perfect teaser! Nice! Haha I just looked and mine is really action-ey too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a fantastic teaser! Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you could have picked a much better excerpt if you'd gone looking for one. :) I enjoyed this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great scene to be on page 77! I love this bit. :) Right ... off to see what's on pg 77.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got around to doing this... your pg 77 excerpt is way more interesting than mine!

    ReplyDelete